Weird, Fun, Interesting Facts About Las Vegas
We know that there are weird, fun, and interesting people in Las Vegas. If you have doubts, just walk the Strip. Las Vegas is the best people watching city in the world.
There are also many weird, fun, and interesting facts about Las Vegas, most of which the average visitor would not know. Even some locals won’t know some of these. See if you know any of these.
- It is estimated that 34% of cheating and theft is committed by casino staff.
- A 2013 study revealed that only 15% of people come to Las Vegas primarily to gamble, but 71% do.
- The first casino to hire female card dealers was the Silver Slipper.
- The largest slot win in Vegas happened at Excalibur when a jackpot of $39 million.
- Las Vegas has the highest number of unlisted numbers in the country.
- Some hotels in Las Vegas do not have a 4th floor. This is because the number 4 is considered unlucky in some cultures.
- The beam on top of the Luxor, the brightest beam in the world, cost $51 per hour to operate.
- The largest bronze sculpture in the country is the lion that sits in front of the MGM Grand.