Bump Up Your Cultural IQ In Vegas
Yes, there is culture to be found in Las Vegas. I have learned a lot from my cultural outings. I’ve visited the Mob Museum, Auto Collection Museum, Neon Museum, and the Atomic Testing Museum. I’ve also attended an art collection of one of the old masters.
Even some of the shows that have played in Vegas have an element of culture in them. For example, shows like Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys, and Beatle’s Love have clear cultural themes.
There are still more museums on my list to visit. And, if you like art, some of the world’s finest pieces hang on a Las Vegas wall. Steve Wynn, for example, has a large collection of famous art. You may remember that in 2006 Wynn accidentally put his elbow through a Picasso. Ouch!
Here is a list of some of the top museums and cultural attractions currently in Las Vegas:
- The bronze statues of dancers by Richard MacDonald at City Center and Bellagio.
- Fine art collection at the Bellagio.
- Auto Collection at the Linq.
- Mob Museum downtown.
- Atomic Testing Museum located on E. Flamingo at Swenson
- Bodies at Luxor.
- Titanic at Luxor.
- Natural History Museum located on Washington at Las Vegas Blvd., north of Fremont St.
- Marjorie Barrick Art Museum at UNLV.
- Neon Museum
- Nevada State Museum located inside Springs Preserve